Robin Hood Festival
For over half a century, the small american town of Sherwood has been celebrating The Robin Hood Festival. There is no gate fee. Everyone is welcome. Some of the highlights include: Renaissance reenactments, a knighting ceremony, and an archery contest between Sherwood Oregon USA and their good friends in Nottinghamshire UK. There will be a castle building contest, along with a teen dance, and lots of music, food and crafts vendors. Always the 3rd week in July, since 1954.
Sherwood Dance Academy is thrilled to support our local community. For over 9 years, we've participated in both the Robin Hood Festival and Parade. Our students LOVE riding on our handmade float, parents get to enjoy the smiles and laughter, and our community gets a chance to see what our students can do.
- Sherwood Dance Academy participates in the Robin Hood Festival Parade on the Saturday morning of the festival.
- Students can wear their costumes or favorite dress up clothes and ride the float.
- Our Sherwood Dance Showstoppers march behind the float with fun, upbeat routines that always thrill the crowds.
- Parents can walk in the parade with us or drop off their kids so they can watch the parade and meet us afterwards.
- Our Sherwood Dance Showstoppers always have the chance to perform on the Family Stage Saturday afternoon of the festival.